The traditional vineyards of the winemaker family are located in Gols and Rust around the Neusiedlersee.
In Gols, at the site of the winery, most of the vineyards were created. In addition, there are about 10 hectares of vineyards in Rust, where mainly sweet wines, such as the traditional „Ruster Ausbruch“ or „Trockenbeerenauslesen“, are grown.
All vineyards are managed strictly according to the integrated production (natural production) and with sustainable production.
The winery Terra Galos has a unique variety of grapes on offer. The following grape varieties are planted:
Bouvier, Chardonnay, Furmint, Grüner Veltliner, Müller Thurgau, Muskat Ottonel, Neuburger, Pinot Gris (Grauburgunder), Rheinriesling, Sämling 88 (Scheurebe), Sauvignon blanc, Traminer, Weißburgunder, Welschriesling
Blauburger, Blaufränkisch, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Rössler, St. Laurent, Syrah (Shiraz), Zweigelt
Sustainable production not only since 2015
Sustainable, intergenerational business is very important to us. That’s why we have been „sustainability certified“ since the 2015 harvest..
This should document our attachment to nature.
We do not consider production „only“ from the point of view of plant protection, but rather as far as possible.
A renunciation of herbicides and pesticides have already practiced my ancestors. Now it’s all about transferring and implementing the resource-saving management into modern times.
Our guiding principle is: „Tradition-Innovation-Sustainability“.
The video of the winery
Wine tasting reviews and ratings
Your enjoyment is our mission..
We have already been able to make the following well-known tastings positively or win (excerpts):
- AWC (Austrian Wine Challenge) – Overall win sweet wine and highest rated wine in 2008 and 2011 – numerous gold and silver ratings annually
- Int. Wine Challange – Best of Sweet
- Burgenländisches Prädikatsweinforum
- Beverage Tasting Institute Chicago – several gold and silver ratings
- Deutscher Weinpreis
- Luvina Luzern – excellent scores
- Falstaff Rotweinguide – perennial steady high ratings
- A la Carte – Overall victory Blaufränkisch and numerous good reviews
- Falstaff Burgunder Trophy – several times high star ratings